Recently Steph Locke asked on twitter if there was a list of R conferences. After some googling, all that I came up was a list of useR groups maintained by Microsoft. While the list was lengthy, it was missing a few groups (and twitter handles). So the other night I created a github repository listing conferences/groups.
If you spot any missing groups or conferences, feel free to make a pull request at the GitHub Repository.
The Third Biennial Newcastle Workshop on Statistical Bioinformatics and Stochastic Systems Biology will be held from 14.00 on Monday 13th to 16.30 on Tuesday 14th June 2011 at Newcastle University, UK.
Speakers will include the following
- Prof. David Balding, University College, London, UK.
- Prof. Arnoldo Frigessi, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Dr. Dirk Husmeier, Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland, UK.
- Dr. Michal Komorowski, Imperial College, London, UK.
- Dr. Pawel Paszek, University of Liverpool, UK.
- Prof. Magnus Rattray, University of Sheffield, UK.
- Dr. Guido Sanguinetti, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr. Christopher Yau, University of Oxford, UK.
There is no registration fee but please do register. (The number of places may be limited). Register (free of charge) by sending your name and affiliation by email to email@example.com. If possible, please register by 23rd May (to help with catering arrangements).
See the conference website further details.