Why?

July 13, 2012

Analysing time course microarray data using Bioconductor: a case study using yeast2 Affymetrix arrays

Filed under: latex, Microarray, Publications, R — Tags: , , — csgillespie @ 2:32 pm

A few years ago I was involved in analysing some time-course microarray data. Our biological collaborators were interested in how we analysed their data, so this lead to a creation of tutorial, which in turn lead to a paper. When we submitted the paper, one the referees “suggested” that we write the paper using Sweave; I had never used Sweave. At the time this was a massive pain and I regularly cursed the name of the anonymous referee.  A few years later, I’ve just updated code (due to a change in Bioconductor) and it was a breeze. A belated thanks to the referee.

In this latest update to the paper I’ve

  • moved the paper to github;
  • changed from Sweave to knitr;
  • used RStudio instead of emacs.

You can find details full details about analysis on the associated github page.

The Shocking Blue Green Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.